From paper money to real money? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

From paper money to real money?

Legendary Market Wizard
Columbus OHIO

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Favorite Futures: ES,

Babool View Post
Well, I would not go live until you can prove to yourself you can be profitable in SIM. If your profitable in sim, cut your winners in half and keep all the losses, are you still profitable. SIM is very different than live. Do you have a method that you trade ? Is it written down ?, Is it consistently profitable ? Do you know what your win/loss ratio is ?, etc. There is a lot you need to have figured out before you go live....or you can be like most others and blow out a couple accounts while you learn...but it is not necessary as a rite of passage.

I forget who said this but it goes something like "trading is similar to ridding a unicycle down the street trying to keep your balance while juggling fire dogging on coming traffic all while there's a monkey dancing on your head " so that's what you have to look forward to.

-P

Sent using the futures.io mobile app

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to MiniP for this post: