From paper money to real money? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

From paper money to real money?

Legendary Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Prorealtime
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

Calming View Post
One also hears that it takes 9 years to become a professional trader and that every pro lost an initial deposit at least once, so it makes sense to trade with an amount that one is okay to lose. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and philosophies are all welcome!

Philosophy:
You are going to fit right in here
Everyone trys to outsmart the market at first. The real lesson will start when your patience has been eroded to the point where you question everything you think you know. If you are comfortable losing X and you lose it...what have you learnt about yourself? (I contend nothing of value)

This gig will catch you no matter how crafty you think you are being It is humbling.

Start a journal here.
All the very best.

Last edited by Grantx; June 15th, 2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Answer to what have you learned.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 6 users say Thank You to Grantx for this post: