From paper money to real money? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

From paper money to real money?

Legendary Market Wizard
Columbus OHIO

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Favorite Futures: ES,

Your going to get 1000 different answers and most will be correct but you need to figure out what works for you.

When I first started trading ( FX) I jumped straight in with a decent size account and rode the emotional roller coaster for a few years. If you're going to sim trade make your account the same exact size your intend to use,trading a $100,000 account when you will fund yours with 1k will set you up for nothing but issues. Trade sim exactly like you would real money get attached to that sim number, trade the same lot size, trade the same exact way nothing can change.

I think sim is very useful and can teach you a lot I'm currently back on sim until I complete a few things then will be going back.There's nothing wrong with trading sim the markets aren't going any where anytime soon so don't rush it. Some people here have spent years upon years sacrificing for trading so 9 years might not be enough or you could be an all-star and do it in 2 it all depends on the person.

And you can fund an account with $500 or $1000 to get unlimited sim though ninja I believe. The exact number is on the site.

-P

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to MiniP for this post: