Reliable broker for a rookie | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Reliable broker for a rookie

Houston, TX

TravelingSalesmen View Post
i mean CME Charges a standard rate on futures and then NT taking .53 each side is already pretty cheap.. but keep in mind theres only a hand full that NT works with. you cant just use any old broker. for instance Oanda was just made available within the past month or so.

other than that FXCM is cheap and works with nt but they dont take us customers because they got caught doing some funky biz in US.

or Interactive brokers but they are jerks IMO. minimums are way to high for beginners. they have lower minimums for under 25 or something but they still require a net worth of 100k. I angryly replied back to there email saying BRO WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU SEE A 25 YR OLD WITH A NET WORTH OF 100K! 1 in a fricken million. u crazy. most of them are fricken still in debt from college u nutcases. at least give them a chance.

I can let NT go if I find a better deal.

FXCM is the type of firm I'd like to avoid all together. Reputation comes first, at least for me.

I keep hearing about IB. I have a contacts of a person who can get lower requirements with them. Would you take IB as your broker should that condition was omitted?