Reliable broker for a rookie | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Reliable broker for a rookie

Houston, TX

TravelingSalesmen View Post
4-8 contracts with less than 1k initial deposit? bro no disrespect but thats a lil crazy.

anyway check out oanda. they just got offered as a broker with NT8. they manly focus on forex but i believe they do futures to. ive used them before. no probs.

but honestly.... u say you dont want to change horses down the road but thats stupid thinking... if you want to open an acct with a company that has a low minimum and then stay with them later you would be paying higher fees... later on if you can afford it you should be looking for lower fee options anyway....................... soooooooo....... best of luck.

No offense or disrespect taken. At Tastyworks people get intraday futures margin, meaning each contract on /es or /nq only eats up like 2.5k buying power. So with 15k or so you can buy 10 lots.

Oanda seems to be great for forex. Would be great to find something similar for futures. I hear you about lower fees because of bigger deposit. I simply want to find something to start with and make fewer moves. Perhaps, I just stick with NT.