Life Without Trading | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Life Without Trading

Glasgow, Lanarkshire Scotland

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw Daytradr
Broker/Data: Working my way around them all
Favorite Futures: ZN, ES

John47 View Post
If you're in the UK, you should consider the M6E when you get back into the markets.

The fees are ridiculous and you won't make money....but you will have the opportunity to interact with the market ALOT with a small account and really hone your trading. You just have to detach from the actual P&L because it'll be skewed from the tick value vs. fees.....but if you can focus on improving your actual meaningful stats, Ave. win, ave. loss, %'s, expectancy.....then you will truly be learning and getting valueable market experience....and doing it with a fraction of the account you'd need in other markets.

There seem to be tradable moves during UK open almost every day in M6E. Best of luck.

Thanks,

I must admit it feels like going back to square one considering moving markets, which I know isn't really a defensible viewpoint but it's a good recommendation for UK hours, I'll check it out thanks.

CLNymex View Post
My suggestion. Continue to paper trade even if you can't trade live. Because trading is a perishable skill. You made $1100 last a year means you have or had the skill. If you just focus on the skill, the money will take care of itself. In any case, if you remain focused on the money all the time, you won't have the resources left to hone the skill.

Great advice thanks. I've never really gotten on with paper trading I must admit. My discipline has always been much better live and I've typically not really got much from the exercise, that's just me though.

agatto2 View Post
Options bro.... get rid if debt and start trading options .... imo its the way to go w/o day trading stress

I've been intrigued by options many times in the past. I was in a trade group once where I saw them worked to great success. No doubt (like anything) those that know how to trade them do great with them. They've always appeared quite complicated to me and to be honest deadly in the wrong hands!

I've always viewed options as something I might get into down the line after proving some success initially. I've been put off both by the fact that I didn't want to throw in the towel on the skills I've already learned and hop to something new just because I've not found success so far, and also because of the stories I've heard about getting options wrong.

I'd be interested to hear your take on them though?

Cheers.

dolan View Post
Could always try and boost your profits by using a funded account from TopStepTrader or something similar. Allows you to trade much larger capital without risk your own.

Yeah TST is something I've looked at, I've done their demo but haven't stumped up cash for their combine as yet. I think it's a pretty good opportunity for those who can make it work. I think their risk controls are (naturally) very tight so a lot of unsuccessful stories end up getting passed off as them being overly restrictive it seems. I might look at doing a combine down the line when I get back into things. Thanks for the advice.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Trambo for this post: