Life Without Trading | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Life Without Trading

Glasgow, Lanarkshire Scotland

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw Daytradr
Broker/Data: Working my way around them all
Favorite Futures: ZN, ES

Massive l View Post
If you have an edge that's been proven in real time you can pay over the minimum on your debts while you put away some cash for trading. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone other than a seasoned vet that's been profitable in the past for extended years and came down on hard times. If you're still trading and playing the guessing game (gambling) and not on reliable statistical advantages then you should absolutely avoid this. I might be wrong but from what I've seen over the years most guys are simply gambling. Of course, trading is gambling. Every trade is a guess because nobody knows what's going to happen, however if your guesses are derived from a statistical advantage then your guesses will add up to a positive expectancy over time.

Thanks,

I'm come down on that side of the fence too. I think that trading is gambling. Perhaps not in the traditional sense, but I do think that the future is generally speaking not predictable. That said, I think that with a regimented risk and management model based on the recognition of past, similar events, a discernible edge is (as proven by successful traders) possible.

Thanks again.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote