Verbally quoting the Inside Market...for Scalpers mostly | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Verbally quoting the Inside Market...for Scalpers mostly

Pittsburgh

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Favorite Futures: ES, GE, M6E

DavidHP View Post
If you want to see how it used to be done by an old timer check this video out.

Haha in the first few minutes of that video, I wonder if that guy even realizes he's doing the floor arb, it was so second nature to those guys they did it without thinking.

So interesting how this business has evolved so dramatically. 20 years ago a guy like him was the epitome of an independent Local/trader. Now there are tons of online traders making great money that relate to the market in completely different ways.

I actually came across a rueters article discussing exactly what this thread is illustrating....the way the Pit lingo is slowly disappearing as the industry evolves.

PS....Ben Lichenstein used to put out an ES Squawkbox....live audio of him verbally calling out the S&P market in real time, all day, open to close. If you want to hear a guy really putting the language in this thread to use during a real open, I'm sure there are recordings out there. Tradersaudio I believe it was called. The sound, how quiet or frenetic the action was, gave as much or more information as what's actually trading to those guys. Which was really why anybody listened to a squawk box.

Last edited by John47; June 3rd, 2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added
The following user says Thank You to John47 for this post: