Tell me about internet speed | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Tell me about internet speed

Brisbane, Australia

Okay I just read some stuff BigMike wrote on internet connection, basically he said that trading a few symbols takes up stuff all bandwidth and that the main focus is rather on latency, he also stated that satellite latency is terrible compared to landline.

This may make sense because when I said I'm getting 320ms of latency to Sydney I conducted the test tethered to my mobile phone internet (which I'm currently still on), CQG said it should only be around 10ms so when my quota renews for my boarding room internet hopefully this afternoon I will conduct another latency test via landline.

Assuming it reads roughly what CQG said then I would assume they are also right about the latency via Sydney/Chicago also, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully I have this one figured out.