So what exactly moves the market again? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

So what exactly moves the market again?

W.Coast, USA.

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Anything
Favorite Futures: Emini

ClearLog View Post
##"Markets move up when their are no sellers left at the ask price##

Something is wrong I think here. If there are no limit sellers (offers sitting above the market price) then there is no way market moves up. On the other hand if at a level there are no aggressive sellers meaning there is no one to sell with market order then there is no way market moves lower. Is there a possibility the statement that you read is meant to repfair to other matter or you didn't understood it well ? Because as you write it... it makes no sense.

Sent using the futures.io mobile app

If there are no bids (limit or market), sellers will move their ask price lower.

If there are no asks (limit or market), buyers will move their bid price higher.

If there are no market orders (bid or ask) and no limit orders that crossed the spread, then the market will stay frozen.

Do correct me if I'm wrong.