Proper Usage of Futures.io Forum | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Proper Usage of Futures.io Forum

Legendary Market Wizard
New Orleans, La (Mardi Gras City)

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Favorite Futures: ES / 6E / 6B / CL

jproux View Post
3. Since there is 100's of thousands of threads / posts / comments on the forum, how do I filter to see the really good ones? Should I only filter by most viewed or most replied or is there other ways?
4. How can I determine which users are worth following? Obviously some have more experience than others and I would like to learn from those who have solid trading backgrounds.
5. How do I actually follow users?
6. I see some users have their usernames highlighted with a red background. What does that mean?

Thank you

#3 You can 'follow' posts and get alerts instantly or email etc.
I find the best way for me is to use the (New Posts) on the top bar.
Only posts that are new appear there when I visit and each day.
I mark them all as "Mark all forums as Read" so they are refreshed.

#4 That is a personal preference and you should weigh the comments to suit your trading style.

#5 You can ask to be on your friends list but usually I just click on the name I want to follow and "find posts by..."

#6 Highlighted names are because of forum activity. There is a formula that calculates a users profile and activity.
"You will reach Market Wizard level once your forum reputation is equal to about the top 5%"

Here are some links to help you understand:
https://futures.io/feedback-announcements/2086-market-wizards-big-mike-trading.html#post18336
https://futures.io/showgroups.php

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to DavidHP for this post: