Anyone find any edge with activity based charts over time based charts? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Anyone find any edge with activity based charts over time based charts?

Denver

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Bookmap and Jigsaw DOM
Broker/Data: Stage 5 Trading
Favorite Futures: ZN

I think it's quite a bit easier to see the concepts which ian speaks of in a thicker market. I don't know about the statistical bid/offer stuff. Large players can bait either side with ease and you need to understand the context of the moment to be able to reliably read it.

Toxic fills, however, are the absolutely bane of my trading existence. I trade ZN which is very liquid and often slow. I use a 2 tick stop and I usually look to make 3 or 4 ticks, for example. When I'm bid/offered at some price and the market sweeps through me and I'm immediately looking at a -1, this is usually my sign that I'm already dead in the water and that I made the wrong call. Again, it's situational and it depends on the read, but if I'm passively looking to interact with the market, I never want the market to tick against me. I want to be filled long and have 3000 bid behind me which I can hit into if something changes.

The following 3 users say Thank You to lax99 for this post: