how to print 10 years of hourly data on a ROLL of paper | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

how to print 10 years of hourly data on a ROLL of paper

@ Germany

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Favorite Futures: FDAX

Hi Angelo,

i thought to do this in the same way, but with single large sheets at per day base. But if have discarded that idea, because it's a waste of time and paper. If you want to include some indicator data too, it's not possible after the printing anymore. And you will.

I suggest to make Imagefiles per Day (several ways to do it - but let that do automatically, because you want to update the Images to include new parameter or new days). Then use a good image-viewer like "Fastpictureviewer" to scroll thru your data. Because you are using image files you can do this everywhere (PC, Laptop, Tablet).

The 2. solution is to stay within your trading solution and invest in a few tools to make the browsing enjoyable. Tools like "Jump a Day Ahead/Back", "Next Page / Page Back", "Jump a week" or "Using the center of my Chart and jump a day ahead or back". Thrust me, it's much more valuable comparing to stare at static printed bars.

Koepisch

The following 3 users say Thank You to Koepisch for this post: