Which Data Feeds / platforms support MBO Data? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Which Data Feeds / platforms support MBO Data?

charlotte nc

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: Emini (ES, YM, NQ, ect.)

Which Data Feeds / platforms support MBO Data?

Hi,
I don't believe there was a thread covering this already, so I wanted to punt it out here. A few years back the CME released MDP 3.0 - Market by Order - Book Management which includes a new feed that has quite a few perks to traders.

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/market-by-order-mbo.html

From what research I have done it seems that the retail industry has been slow to implement this as a lot of the retail data feeds and platforms still don't have this integrated.

I use NinjaTrader and Continuum myself and don't have the ability to receive MBO data for example. So here are my questions at this point.

1. Is there a plan for Continuum / Ninjatrader to integrate MBO data in the near future?
2. Are there any other data feeds that NinjaTrader works with that already have this integrated? I am not sure if the bottle neck is with the data provider, NinjaTrader or both?
3. Are there any other retail solutions (Data Feed + Platform) that anyone is currently using that have the MBO data feed integrated already? If so, I would love to hear how it is working and any specifics you can share.
4. Are there any custom solutions out there that anyone built their self using some type of direct connection to the CME feed. For example:
https://www.cmegroup.com/confluence/display/EPICSANDBOX/CME+Direct+Installation

Am I correct in assuming that any solution that taps the CME feed directly would be out of scope for anyone with a retail level margin account? I know there are $500K barriers to entry for DMA, but I don't know for example if there are any ways to tap the CME data feed without going the DMA route. Any advise here would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Ian

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote