paper trade | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

paper trade

Legendary Market Wizard
Columbus OHIO

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Favorite Futures: ES,

afoschini View Post
To me a major difference is that while in demo trading you are actually trading live market data (so to demo trade one daily session you will have to sit at your PC for the whole day) in paper trading you can speed up time by a factor. NT8 let's you replay market data, that are live market data of the past that Ninjatrader replays at various speed (1x till over 1000x). In my opinion this is a major plus as you can make better use of your practice time.

This is a definite plus just don't get use to the market moving that fast i know when i first started out i would run the play back at 50-100x and would be doing great then went live and would have to find a away to keep my self from over trading when there is 10 minutes between setups supposed to 10 seconds when you are going super fast.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to MiniP for this post: