relationship between euro or dollar futures and eurodollar pair | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

relationship between euro or dollar futures and eurodollar pair

Market Wizard
Gits (Hooglede) Belgium

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, Proprietary,
Broker/Data: Ninjabrokerage/IQfeed + Synthetic datafeed
Favorite Futures: 6A, 6B, 6C, 6E, 6J, 6S, ES, NQ, YM, AEX, CL, NG, ZB, ZN, ZC, ZS, GC

The daily volume in 6E (futures) is easy to follow because of central exchanges, the daily volume is roughly 250B$ and the open interest is 525B$ (directional bets)

For the FX market this is much more difficult to say, due to the lack of a central exchange. Fx is also largely handled bilateral between banks, but the volume in EUR/USD FX is much higher than the futures.

There is not a single answer to your question, in some cases a party could decide to build up a position (hedge or speculative) with futures, and will push the future in a leading role, in other cases, it could be the opposite, so for me the one is not leading to the other, it depends on the moment in time.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to rleplae for this post: