How are UK day traders set up?? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How are UK day traders set up??

Bristol, UK

hughesfleming View Post
Don't mix up your data with your execution. Two different things. If you use Sierra or Multicharts for example, you can use third party data and execute your trades on IB.

IB have their servers in Zug, Switzerland. If you insist on your data provider having a server in Europe then you will probably be limited to E-Signal for data and you could use that as a platform as well.

I think I get the difference, but tbh I'm not sure I understand how the two tie up. If you're putting orders into a price ladder that shows exchange data, the broker then only then tallys your trades, it doesn't place them for you or get in the way... but that's for another thread perhaps!

But that sounds great, if I could use sierra with 3rd party data, and execute on IB -that's exactly what I'm looking for! I'll get on to IB tomorrow. Thanks again.