TPO and forex | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

TPO and forex

Austria

Grantx View Post
Hi @tr8er so what are your times? 08:00 to 16:30....surely you dont ignore the rest of the us and Asian session? Or do you use that as the overnight? Im trying to figure out of this 'settlement' value and how much emphasis to put on it wrt the cash market. One thing Ive uncovered in this little curious quest of mine is to determine the overnight net long/short positions in relation to the settlement price (is this just the prior US session close?) and then having a plan for that.
A common thing is for the european session to correct the overnight inventory which, i think, is basically a smart arse way of saying that if the europeans determine the overnight was driven by weak hands, they will trade back into those positions for their own nefarious reasons or maybe simply to push back and find liquidity. Im rambling...sorry. How do you factor the US and Asian positions is the question?

Yes I use the setting 8:00 to 16:30 London time and I don't change it, because for me, the European Session is the most important session for the Euro, so I see no need to use an extra setting for the us-session. For me the VA from the previous day is the most important I watch.

The following user says Thank You to tr8er for this post: