People actually fall for this | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

People actually fall for this

Chicago

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Mirus

... very thoughtful, thanks @tpredictor.

That was my point: IMO, order flow with retail tools used by the independent trader is just ambiguous and/or subjective as the chart depicted. That said, I do find value in "enhanced" Time and Sales (tape reading) too.

I think your comments in italics are what some large (very large) participants are doing with AI / machine learning. However, they are using it as a trap for less sophisticated traders. Their biggest edge is SIZE. So, they go with the perceived flow/value, once the estimated volume of independents is in (knowing where the stops will be), they jam the book the other way to collect the stops and chasers.

For what it's worth, I tested your product a couple of years ago. Very Solid. I just couldn't make it work for me.

The following user says Thank You to tehuff for this post: