Understanding of tick volume | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Understanding of tick volume

Clemmons

Tick Granularity, Regular Indicators

Daytrading using ticks offers an amplified view over a minute-based chart for more accurate entry and exit, especially in a volatile investment that can rise or fall quickly within a 1min candle.

I've been successfully testing the following setup and will be comparing and possibly using a composite grid with tick on one side and minutes on the other: (In any case, paper trade until proven!)
  • 10t and 25t charts typically zoomed to a 30 min view.
    (10t is truly revealing, but leads to a lot of unnecessary in-n-out. Too many leaves, no trees, what forest?)
  • Slow RSI at 25 & 50.
    I set overbought & oversold on 80/20. Emergence from these reversal zones is a big warning sign.
  • Ultimate Oscillator on 25, 50, 100
  • 5-Ribbon Moving Average with 25-tick increments

Here is a detailed TICK entry/exit from JNUG on Friday:
(Green Trade states 2.25% but was actually 3%)

I'll update when I have a side-by-side TICK vs MINUTE paper trade day.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).