Understanding of tick volume | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Understanding of tick volume

Clemmons

Looking for Direction, Tick by tick

Hi jiaqiangmit and iantg,

I've looked at several tick accumulators to see if they can function as forecast tools for an upcoming move, or even confirmation of an ongoing trend, but so far, I cannot see a consistent correlation in count or volume. Sometimes a tick spike coincides with an upsurge in price, but just as often there will be a similar spike while the same chart is in a flat consolidation, or declines in tick chart while actual underlying is rising (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE) That said, I have not used (or seen) a tick-by-tick study. I understand Peter Reznicek (ShadowTrader) sells a cumulative tick study that seems to show some relevance.

Here is Image or NON-CORRELATION OF MULTI-TIMEFRAME TICK COUNTS (15m chart).
I see same non-correlated results on all timeframes.
Maybe I'm doing this wrong. Please feel free to add guidance, especially if it includes images and code.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

-Scott