Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18?

central florida

bobwest View Post
IB has enjoyed a good reputation as a broker on this forum, so experiences like these are troubling.

Naturally, there will be issues from time to time with anyone and anything. But I do occasionally see comments about their attitude....

Anyone else have particularly good or bad experiences, overall? There has to be a reason they are well thought-of. How do the pluses and minuses balance out?

Bob.

I have been using IB for a few months now with my IRA account, and like them. The TWS platform is pretty easy to get used to, and i have not had any issues with them as a broker. I think pretty highly of them when compared to experiences i have had with other brokers. The commissions are also low which is great, but i agree that getting through on the phone often takes a while. The double security thing is also pretty annoying, but you get used to it.

I do consistently have issues with IB and Ninja trader though. But that is NT's problem in my opinion and my preference for NT is slowly dieing.

Josh