Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18?

Seattle WA

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: IB TWS, MC.NET, CQG
Broker/Data: InteractiveBrokers, Optimus/AMP
Favorite Futures: NQ

Arrrgggg

Interactive Brokers has really taken the cake this time... I just got a e-mail alert saying my account was down ~20k. Freak out because I shouldn't have any open positions - sign in and in fact see that a good chunk of my account is missing, even though I do not have any positions. Phone wait time is incredibly long, and this is all you see on their very difficult to find status page.

To all Traders:
There appears to be an issue with position display for some clients which we are working to resolve. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Guessing it's a transient issue (still haven't gotten through on the phone), but I'd rather my broker didn't misplace 20k and only have this ambiguous status message.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to teajay for this post: