Follow these two rules to preserve and grow capital | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Follow these two rules to preserve and grow capital

Georgia, US

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Various
Favorite Futures: Various

Rrrracer View Post
Do you have any tips or advice for honing the entry skill set?

Maybe this: just like in a negotiation, your greatest asset is your ability to walk away. If a move is truly a good move, you can always get in after it gets going. You won't miss out. No need to FOMO. Very general, and I just erased a whole paragraph dealing with liquidity, etc., but what's really important is that when you see what you want to see, get in without thinking too much. If it doesn't look that appealing, just don't sweat it.

Rrrracer View Post
I don't chase price if it moves away from me

I'd cautiously add that it's usually better to chase a move that's in progress (and still has energy) than to wait for all the stops to go, all the momentum to die, and the market to calm down, and then patiently buy a pullback. Sometimes we go all "deer in the headlights" when the market starts to move, but that's the time to act decisively, and then assess whether it's working, rather than wait for it to go up 70 ticks and THEN decide, "oh yeah, I think I'll buy."

Last edited by josh; March 5th, 2018 at 09:42 PM.
The following 4 users say Thank You to josh for this post: