Lowering commissions: Traits to look for in a broker/platform for Hi Freq trading | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Lowering commissions: Traits to look for in a broker/platform for Hi Freq trading

Market Wizard
Boca Raton

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Variety
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures, LLC
Favorite Futures: Futures

Bullywig View Post
Thank you for your reply. Well, I am new to this arena; what would you consider a threshold number to be considered HFT vs. scalper/trade frequently? or is the number even important? I honestly don't know, and my objective is to gather information so I can make an informed decision as to where I should be heading, and or, what I'm heading into before moving in that direction. Costs, all costs, are obviously important, and often overlooked. The objective of this inquiry is to hopefully get enough data/opinions/blessings/warnings to begin to crawl towards my objective.

Cheers!
Bullywig

you are welcome. HFT refers not only to the high frequency of trades but the latency(speed) that these trades occur at. Most retail traders do not have the resources and funds to fuel powerful computers that would take you to HFT levels.

Yes, the cost is important and should be considered. However, your objective should be one: find a method that works and then see if you can get a cost structure to accommodate it. I am not familiar with anyone (in retail) who builds a system to accommodate a cost structure.

I hope this helps.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.
The following user says Thank You to mattz for this post: