NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Oslo + Norway

bobwest View Post
NT used to be a platform only, connecting to many brokers. A few years ago, an IB (Introducing Broker) ran into some difficulties and NT bought into them, going into the brokerage business also. That's when they cut back on the brokers they provided the platform for -- since they were now in competition with them, there may have been some issues on either side about continuing the relationship. They still furnish it for some.

Also and separately, there were issues they had with AMP at the time that led them to sever the relationship. AMP users of the platform who were in at that time were grandfathered, but no new ones are allowed.

There have been many things written about AMP on FIO over the years. Aside from whatever went on between them and @NinjaTrader, they sued @Big Mike and this forum over some things some members posted (and they lost, resoundingly.) I make no comment about them -- I have no reason think they would not be a good broker for you, and many traders use them -- but if you are curious you might do a search on AMP in the Search box at the top right of every page, and see what comes up.

Bob.

Hi, Bob,

Thank you for this comment. I was aware of some of this already, but certainly not everything you just said. I've done quite a few searches on both AMP and Ninja. Both seems to return both positives and negatives. Overall, AMP seems to turn out quite decent. Overall.

In comparison, I haven't read that many reviews on NT which is why I'm asking once again.

In the past, I used NT + Interactive Brokers. An option that's still available. However, IB's intraday margins are simply too high for me at these market levels and with this volatility.

Another selling point for AMP with an intraday trader like me is that they offer intraday margin until 15:55 and not 15:45 like Ninja. Also, I'd prefer a software that would be supported by multiple brokers. For futures trading, Ninja is basically offered only by IB and NT themselves. I hate to be tied down to only one broker.

But, in the end, I'd love to use Ninja, both for charting and execution.

Mind me asking what brokerage you're using? I see you use Ninja and trade ES? I also trade ES exclusively.

The following user says Thank You to LaissezFaire for this post: