NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Super Moderator
Sarasota FL

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Favorite Futures: ES, YM

LaissezFaire View Post
Any news here? Anyone currently using NT + NT Brokerage and have experiences to share?

I opened an account with AMP. Haven't yet funded it, but will fund an account next week. I had kind of made up my mind about using AMP, but I'm having second thoughts and still consider Ninja + their brokerage since I'm so used to Ninja and would love to trade from it.

The ideal would be Ninja + AMP. And yes, I'd like to pay Ninja for a full license. But, they don't allow that option which is pretty odd to me.

Can't see how this is a good business model for them.

NT used to be a platform only, connecting to many brokers. A few years ago, an IB (Introducing Broker) ran into some difficulties and NT bought into them, going into the brokerage business also. That's when they cut back on the brokers they provided the platform for -- since they were now in competition with them, there may have been some issues on either side about continuing the relationship. They still furnish it for some.

Also and separately, there were issues they had with AMP at the time that led them to sever the relationship. AMP users of the platform who were in at that time were grandfathered, but no new ones are allowed.

There have been many things written about AMP on FIO over the years. Aside from whatever went on between them and @NinjaTrader, they sued @Big Mike and this forum over some things some members posted and some actions Mike took (and they lost, resoundingly.) I make no comment about them -- I have no reason think they would not be a good broker for you, and many traders use them -- but if you are curious you might do a search on AMP in the Search box at the top right of every page, and see what comes up.

Bob.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to bobwest for this post: