What is your experience using a 4k TV as a monitor? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

What is your experience using a 4k TV as a monitor?

Surrey, UK

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker/Data: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Favorite Futures: Equities, Futures

jstnbrg View Post
Although Intel claims the onboard graphics (530) should support 3840 x 2160 (hdmi 2.0), my motherboard apparently does not. So far I'm not suffering using 30P Hz, so for now I'm just going to leave it that way. Micro Center, which sold me and supports the Powerspec g403 computer I'm using, suggested a Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 GV-N1030D5-2GL Low Profile 2G Computer Graphics Card as a budget card that would support hdmi 2.0, $80 on Amazon, $90 at Micro Center. If I decide to upgrade to hdmi 2.0 I may go with the next card up, the GeForce GTX 1050.

I use a MSI GT 1030 card with my two 4k monitors. Works beautifully at 3840X2160 on both monitors. I tried a Gigabyte 1050Ti card and my computer crashed or froze multiple times a day. It was complete nightmare and eventually I had to return it.

Be careful about getting a graphics card with a DVI as it will not work at very high resolution. I believe it works only at 1080p though it may work slightly higher at 25601600 if its dual link.

Last edited by iq200; February 28th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to iq200 for this post: