Trading for a living & taxes in EU | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trading for a living & taxes in EU

Lisboa, Portugal

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: eToro, Plus500
Favorite Futures: Currency, Commodities, ETF

Emphasis on the importance of the question...

Hi, Just to say I would love to hear an answer for this too. I am from Portugal but living in Brussels and am trading more and more. Tax arrangements are somehow a blackwhole for me in the EU regarding trading.

Looking forward to some insights from experienced people.
T.

w4rri0r View Post
Trading for a living & taxes in the Netherlands/Switzerland/Germany (and other EU states)

Are there any Dutch/Swiss/German traders here, who trade for a living ( for themselves, i.e., not as a trader for a trading firm or bank)?

If so, how have you arranged your taxes? Have you created an onshore, or perhaps even an offshore business entity, through which you trade?
Do you (still) pay ordinary income tax?
What are the options that are available, and from what level(s) of equity does it pay to go for construction ABC or go for construction XYZ?

Additionally, does it matter what you trade, tax wise? (For example, is there a fiscal difference between making a living trading cash forex, which is traded in the interbank market (so not in any specific country), and trading US stocks?)

If there's anyone who could shed some light on this matter, I would be very grateful.

Cheers