Start point for daily VWAP? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Start point for daily VWAP?

Market Wizard
Missoula, MT

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: CL, ES

SMCJB View Post
I've always been surprised that exchanges don't actually publish VWAP for liquid contracts, and given the success of TAS/Trade at Settlement and TAM/Trade at Marker products also a TAVWAP/Trade at VWAP product. I would have thought there would be considerable interest in it.

Just curious @michaelleemoore when you talk about VWAP on ES, CL, NQ and YM how are you calculating that? Through an indicator I assume but what resolution do you use?

Hey @SMCJB,

This is an area where my knowledge is scant. I use the VWAPs created by Fat Tails. I don't know how they're drawn, and my feeling is that he knows far more than I ever will. I'm guessing there are many ways to find the #, but Harry's #s work for me, so I'm sticking with it.

Wish I had a smarter answer, but I'm just a knuckle-dragging scalper/

Cheers,

mlm

Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote