Can Day Trading be profitable for retail? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Can Day Trading be profitable for retail?

Legendary Market Wizard
Chicago Illinois USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Broker/Data: IB, ToS
Favorite Futures: /ES, US Equities/Options

Look...

jefforey View Post
Your sarcasm has no value. Show me numbers.

the reason trading, however you define it, does not work for you, is you.

There are plenty of commenters here that will engage with some kind of softer unfocused explanation. The vague notion is a non-starter for most people that are making money and don't have something to sell or prove.

You have not seen it or can't identify personally with it, so it is not possible. Displace that false logic. Stop back testing, it is for salespeople or losers. Define the objective parts of your trading. Journal the subjective parts. Know the difference. Study your losers, get better.

Show you the numbers? How? If I type a claim, you will discount it. Statements or tax documents, you'd call those fake too. Get focused and eliminate bad outcomes. That takes a huge commitment and tremendous discipline. Few have what it takes...just like every other high reward profession. Don't whine, nobody cares.

If you want input (some will be great, and some will suck) on your trades, post the trades and supporting logic. If you are searching and honest enough with yourself to admit that, then you will find about a dozen guys that I believe are posting legit trades with supporting comments. Many people with varying degrees of success will overtly or tacitly try to help you with sincerity. That is exactly what the post you called sarcasm was.

Dan

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 8 users say Thank You to wldman for this post: