Start point for daily VWAP? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Start point for daily VWAP?

KNOXVILLE TN.

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: nijia trader
Broker/Data: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Favorite Futures: ym

opening types

jstnbrg View Post
Interesting. So, at least in the markets you trade, Globex tends to mean revert towards the settlement after the RTH close. Well, in oil there's certainly not much volume after RTH until Europe opens. Which means as the day progresses the trade between 2:30 PM ET and about 3 AM ET won't affect the daily VWAP that much anyway.

On a side note, I used to work with a bunch of guys in a prop group (they were in the group, I was a friend of the heads of the group and traded my own money, but in their facility) who made most of their living fading after hours moves in the US Treasury yield curve. These guys traded with DOMs only, no charts. The proprietors of the group were former CBOT pit traders like myself; one of them had clerked for me on the floor back in the day. I've kind of been away from the market since 2006 and things have changed a lot since then. VWAP was not yet a thing back then. LOL!

to be able to trade the imblance you have to be able to read tempo . you have to be able to tell what kind of open you have opening drive , opening test drive , open action , open action rejection. if you can not do that the info does not mean much ...how do you trade it in real time...you can use a dome on bonds they trade slow. that dome is not so easy to use on fast markets like oil or the ES

The following 2 users say Thank You to forgiven for this post: