You get exactly what you want out of the market | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

You get exactly what you want out of the market

Super Moderator
London UK

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker/Data: S5
Favorite Futures: Futures

Grantx View Post
You know when you buy a car and youre driving around and you notice all the other cars the same as yours? Or you get a dog and you suddenly become aware of all the same type of dogs that are out there. So what changed? Its not that there is now magically more of a certain type of car or breed of dog, its just that your perception now confirms a subset of the data your senses are receiving (your eyes in this case).

The data: I have pug.
Confirmation cycle: Wow look at all the people who own pugs. Where were they before?

The data: I have a mustang.
Confirmation cycle: Wow look at all the mustangs on the road. I never noticed them before.

Frequency Illusion: The illusion in which a word, a name, or other thing that has recently come to one's attention suddenly seems to appear with improbable frequency shortly afterwards

The following 4 users say Thank You to xplorer for this post: