Flux Capacitor - by Back to the Future | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Flux Capacitor - by Back to the Future

Indianapolis, IN USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader TOS Custom
Broker/Data: Several
Favorite Futures: ES CL ZB

TheBenefactor View Post
I guess we will find out about this Back to the Future indicator.

Without consulting me, a friend ordered it last week.

He has only traded stock options before so any success he achieves will certainly not be attributed to his expertise.

In 35 years of trading "I have never found some black box guru stand alone software that consistently made money."

But if you guys want I will report on his results.

He will trade one contract on the Dow YM with a $6,000 account.

I said he might have a better chance at taking a $6,000 bet against Tom Brady this weekend but he is adamant.
We will see.
TB

This is similar to your friend having just ordered the brand new driver that Jordan Spieth and several of the top guys on the PGA Tour have been using with great success. Now your friend takes the same driver that Tiger Woods uses to win the Masters, goes to the course and plays the worst round of golf in his entire life. Hits 4 balls out of bounds - even completely whiffs the ball on the hole where the drink-cart girl is watching. He comes home and says, "worst club I've ever used, all these equipment manufacturers are worthless, the only thing that works for everyone is balata and persimmon (aka price action). Hey look, I even found an ex-con who reviewed this club and he says it's a rip off too!

I've seen that story posted here on the forum a whole bunch of times. In truth, it's not the club but the practice, the time invested, the ability of each individual player. Same with trading. It doesn't really matter how good or poorly somebody else can achieve with any given tool - it really only matters if that particular tool is something that can be useful to you.

The following 2 users say Thank You to timefreedom for this post: