Can Day Trading be profitable for retail? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Can Day Trading be profitable for retail?

SE Asia

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Favorite Futures: NQ

jefforey View Post
I have tried many strategies some just having one trade per day to as many as 20 trades per day. I have tried trailing stoploss types and profit target types but all of them fail to return consistently. There are 2 or 3 great months but rest of the months give away the gains. But the caveat is that if the same strategy is run by Goldman Sachs then it will be immensely profitable. And this very fact raises my doubt. Is retail day-trading a myth created by Goldman Sachs and others to create liquidity for their own trades. After all even they need a counterparty.

Of course such strategies lose. Every moment in the market is unique. You will not get rich trading wooden, automatic strategies. You cannot just find a system, turn it on and wait for the billions to roll in. (and even people who trade that continuously adjust their systems, which is not easy either.)

Did you REALLY think that trading success is THAT easy??? :O

You need to trade in a way that responds to what is happening in the market RIGHT NOW, not 6 months ago. And you don't do that by analyzing charts.

You still believe in the myth of the Holy Grail, which I discussed in my thread recently.

Give that up. That kind of thinking does not work in trading.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." - Milton
The following 5 users say Thank You to Anagami for this post: