Can Day Trading be profitable for retail? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Can Day Trading be profitable for retail?

edison new jersey

Trading Experience: None
Platform: motivewave
Favorite Futures: ES

mrphr View Post
It sounds like you want to scalp, again it depends on a lots of factors; Is it possible? As I said maybe.

Honestly in your case [and I do not want to discourage you] that does not have much understanding of the markets yet, scalping wont be profitable, but you can try.

I have tried many strategies some just having one trade per day to as many as 20 trades per day. I have tried trailing stoploss types and profit target types but all of them fail to return consistently. There are 2 or 3 great months but rest of the months give away the gains. But the caveat is that if the same strategy is run by Goldman Sachs then it will be immensely profitable. And this very fact raises my doubt. Is retail day-trading a myth created by Goldman Sachs and others to create liquidity for their own trades. After all even they need a counterparty.