Can Day Trading be profitable for retail? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Can Day Trading be profitable for retail?

SE Asia

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Favorite Futures: NQ

jefforey View Post
Well, there maybe exceptions but I am yet to see a day-trader being consistently profitable for at-least, say, 5-years. In tennis or golf the ratio of professionals versus wannabes is 1:10000. That means for every tennis player making money from playing championships there are 10000 others who don't make any money from it. I am talking about Day-Trading as a means of earning a livelihood.

TST has 100s of profitable day traders that are funded and trading. I don't know if they have been around for 5 years or not.

The thing, when you have found your edge and you KNOW it... you don't need to ask anyone else, or try to prove or disprove if it's possible. You are profitable, and you know WHY you are profitable. That is professional confidence. Not merely making money but knowing why you do.

You just haven't found your edge. Don't give up bud. All the best.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." - Milton
The following 9 users say Thank You to Anagami for this post: