Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18?

Point Roberts, WA, USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker/Data: IB
Favorite Futures: ES

Gedman View Post
My understanding with regard to the IB event is that everything on the IB side (at least for live trading) crashed, so stops already placed by traders did not function. Would be interested if someone would confirm that this was the case. As mentioned, I was 'flat', probably 20 minutes or less before the event.

My understanding from IB is that transmitted stop orders rest at the market and not with them.

(I asked about stop orders re another concern with IB - however now they have taken to scrubbing old messages from your message box - beyond a certain age - I can't retrieve that for you. This is another I dislike very much about IB, but with IB its always our way or the highway - arrogant SOBs)

Send them a message asking what happens to your stop orders if IBs computers are down.

(As a side-not you can mention to them that a system status board is supposed to automatically refresh each minute - not days later.)

Keep your mind in the future, in the now.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to aquarian1 for this post: