Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18?

TOULOUSE FRANCE

IB failure

Hello I was caught in it too. As I work in Europe, I imagine that their failure included the US and Europe, since you guys are on the Westcoast.
They were of course completely unavailable on the phone for the duration of the crash. No market data, no access to the trades.
Today (a normal day) their swiss bureau took a full 20mn to answer my call. I asked for explanation, they just answered they suffered a major incident. They did not volunteer any compensation for at least the market feeds I pay for .
All in all, a very poor handling of the post-crash: no information on their site, no apology to the clients, no explanation given as to whether this will be fixed in the future.
Regards
Geodoc

The following 3 users say Thank You to geodoc for this post: