Is it Worth It!!! | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Is it Worth It!!!

Legendary Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Prorealtime
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

planetmoto View Post
Happy to contribute my opinion, not everyone might be a fan of my thoughts but I trade and have worked and sat next to guys who traded extremely large(300-1k contracts/trade) accounts and smaller accounts(5-30 contracts/trade) so I was fortunate to be exposed to different methods and see how they grew and blew their accounts. If you need any suggestions let me know. My advice for a platform to start on would be Think or Swim / TradeStation or Infinity Futures all are cost effective to start and learn on and all very reputable see which one you like the most

Sent using the futures.io mobile app

Im quite interested to hear more of your story planetmoto.
Did these traders (you?) have fear/anxiety/uncertainty issues at all? If so how did they deal with that?
What markets were traded and how did they scale into and out of trades with such large size...I mean how much 'influence' did their activity have on the market, were they sneaking around trying not to be noticed or were they rampaging bullies kicking sand in everyone eyes?
How often were they trading, was it mechanical, discretionary, team, fundamental, research based?
If there was a technical component to their trading then what was the reaction to exhausted looking markets such as when wyckoff accumulation and distribution patterns are unfolding? Did they even care?
You have been exposed to this institutional environment and also seen the retail side of trading so what would you say are the top 3 mistakes you see small traders making?

Cheers.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Grantx for this post: