Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Anyone Caught in Interactive Brokers Platform Crash on 1.5.18?

Seattle, Washington

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart/SC Data
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: ES

Agree with you completely. I would really appreciate it if IB would post something on their website explaining what happened and what, if anything, they are working on to try to prevent such severe future events.

I would be happy to provide IB a signed instruction (standing, contingent order) that in the event of such an occurrence they immediately flatten my position through some hardened back channel (which they may need to develop.) Might not be fail-safe, but the effort would be appreciated. Reaching their help desk in the event of this kind of event would be an extremely slow process. With the above suggestion, no call would be needed.