Is it Worth It!!! | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Is it Worth It!!!

Market Wizard
Cleveland Ohio/United States

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, DeCarley, others
Favorite Futures: futures

navionpilot View Post
Where should a beginner start?

I always recommend this:

Read. Read as many books as you can on trading. Use your library as a free source of books. Read any and everything you can. Different styles of trading, topics, etc.

Make no judgments about what you are reading. Just take it all in.

After a while, you will start to see:

1. what kind of trading that appeals to you (discretionary, scalping, arbitrage, algo, etc).

2. a lot of books are full of crap - ideas that don't work, cherry picked examples, overly optimistic returns, etc.

Once you get to that point, when you know what you like and you have a feeling for what is realistic, then dive deeper into your area of interest. Maybe find a mentor. Just beware: most people selling trading info cannot (or no longer) trade!

Then start trading, but take it slow. Trading is a marathon, not a sprint.

If you have any questions please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io "Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to kevinkdog for this post: