Is it Worth It!!! | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Is it Worth It!!!

SE Asia

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Favorite Futures: NQ

navionpilot View Post
I totally understand about having a deeper motivation but on the other hand, you wouldn't still be trading if the money wasn't good! As for totally new beginners, that's all we see is that if somehow you can learn how to trade the amount of money you can make is endless. That's pretty good motivation to me.

Thanks

Ok, suppose that is your motivation (and it was for many of us in the beginning, myself included.)

What's gonna happen when you go through a rough patch in your trading (and everybody does, usually many times, if they are stubborn enough or good enough to stick around) and you are hemorrhaging some serious cash?

Well, people try to trade their way out of the hole... and dig themselves deeper in. And then they usually quit in disgust. I wish I could tell you that this is not the norm, but it is. And wrong motivation plays a huge part in that.

Most of us came to trading expecting easy and fast money, once we find the secret. Nobody told us there was no secret. There was good trading. There was work. There was strong emotional control. There was picking your spots and having absolute patience and discipline. There was focus on the process and never-ending improvement.

But fast and easy money..... secrets......... LOL.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." - Milton
The following 3 users say Thank You to Anagami for this post: