Is it Worth It!!! | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Is it Worth It!!!

Legendary Market Wizard
Cleveland Ohio/United States

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, DeCarley, others
Favorite Futures: futures

Example

I'll use myself as an example to show you what I mean:

I got into trading originally because it looked like fun, and looked like incredibly easy money.

Once I got those foolish notions out of my system (by blowing out some accounts):

1. I took my talents and skills (number crunching, programming, logical thinking) and applied them to the markets. I spent a ton of time learning, researching, etc. Still do, 25+ years later. I lack a lot of talents others have (I can't really discretionary trade), but I've tried to maximize my talents in trading.

2. I became EXTREMELY motivated. The market became a challenge, a puzzle, that I had to solve. Not the money, not the ability to work at home, not the fact I can go to every child's school field trips (all nice things, by the way). The challenge of the markets is what motivates me.

To me, motivation is key, followed by talent/skill.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 6 users say Thank You to kevinkdog for this post: