Is it Worth It!!! | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Is it Worth It!!!

Market Wizard
Cleveland Ohio/United States

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, DeCarley, others
Favorite Futures: futures

navionpilot View Post
I have a question about your statement "most people should never trade". How do you know if you are one of those people?

I guess what I'm really looking for is for someone to say "Man I started out not knowing anything about day trading and now after 2 years of studying my butt off I'm now making a great living at it. It really is a great craft to learn. It gives you such a great filling knowing you can wake up in the morning and work for a couple of hours and then have off the rest of the day. Totally worth taking the time to learn and understand! This is truly a great craft to learn!

Or you could say, I've been studying for years and years and I'm still not making any money at day trading, in fact, I have lost all my savings and I wish I have never gotten myself into day trading. Very few people ever make it as a day trader.

It is one of those things you don't really know until you try.

As others have said, you have to live, eat, breathe and drink trading.

I knew it was for me because I found myself spending all my free time on studying the markets. And most of that time I was losing money. The mental challenge is what drove me, and drives me still today. The freedom (if you can call it that) and the money are secondary. Loving what I do is primary.

If you go into it thinking "I can make a ton of jack" or "I only need to work 1 hour per day" you will likely fail because 1) those things are generally not true and 2) you are going into it for the wrong reasons.

If you have any questions please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io "Ask Me Anything" thread

Last edited by kevinkdog; January 5th, 2018 at 12:17 PM.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 10 users say Thank You to kevinkdog for this post: