nt7 session template for forex | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

nt7 session template for forex

Market Wizard
whitestone, new york

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader

Fat Tails View Post
In case that your data provider supplies both historical and real-time tick volume, I would personally opt for the RWAP or VWAP for trading FOREX.

For data suppliers such as Interactive Brokers that do not supply historical FOREX data, I would use the RWAP.

The TWAP is an indicator that was originally used as a simple execution algorithm over a set period of time (not the fuill session). In case that you use the TWAP with the full session, it will overweigh low volume bars and price action will not correctly follow the bands.

Please find attached three charts that show RWAP/VWAP/TWAP with bands for EURUSD over the last two days. The TWAP is clearly the worst option here. The VWAP with tick volume supplied by FXCM is good, but in my opinion the RWAP, which does not use volume data, but only price data, is slightly better. But judge yourself.

VWAP (based on tick volume):

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

RWAP (not using volume data):

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

TWAP based on equal time intervals:

Forgive me for asking, why is the RWAP the best option.Visually, theyre similar enough.I would love to know what your thoughts are on this
Thanks!

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote