nt7 session template for forex | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

nt7 session template for forex

Market Wizard
whitestone, new york

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader

Fat Tails View Post
Session templates 24/7 and 24/5 will give false pivots and VWAPs for all instruments.

This is because there is no instrument in the world with market hours from 0:00 AM EST until midnight EST.

Please select the session template <instrument settings> which is already preset for all instruments.

For regular trading hours pivots - genuine floor pivots - the anaPivots require specific non-standard session templates as explained in the thread cited by @Devil Man.

However, for FOREX there are no regular trading hours, therefore the session template <instrument settings> is the correct choice.

Thank you Fat Tails.I did in fact go back to instrument settings.Also thank you to Devil Man, TR8 ER,MRPHR,and Blash.Also, I downloaded Fat Tails TWAP, it just makes sense to use a time based indicator vs volume for Forex.I was told By Riley from NT support that NT8 is better suited for forex.I will stick with NT7 for now.Thanks Again everyone!

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to bobarian for this post: