Forex with Ninjatrader | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Forex with Ninjatrader

Market Wizard
whitestone, new york

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader

Fat Tails View Post
VWAP may work with FOREX in case that the FOREX data provider supplies tick volume. Otherwise it is possible to replace volume with the square of the tick range and get an excellent approximation without using volume.

thank you Fat Tails.That sounds interesting.I used vwap and got used to it because i assumed that institutions use it for futures.Coming over to forex, i knew volume would be an issue.Also, Have you coded a session template for NT7 for forex? Im having difficulty getting correct pivots for the spreads.Im trading eurusd,usdjpy, and a few others that have acceptable spreads.Thanks again, I appreciate the feedback! I just took a look at your twap indicator,,,i wonder if that would be useful.MRPHR mentioned this earlier in the thread.On another thread, i saw a post from a while back you made on session pivots for nt7.You recommended session pivots v1.6.Ive been using the ana weekly and monthly pivots on the NT7 platform.They were ok on the fxcm demo, but not now that ive opened an account.I think its because of the session being incorrect.I have session set to forex on nt7.basically 5pm to 5pm.The quest continues

Last edited by bobarian; January 3rd, 2018 at 09:47 PM.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to bobarian for this post: