Forex with Ninjatrader | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Forex with Ninjatrader

whitestone, new york

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader

Blash View Post
Using NT8.

I am a little turned off by FX at the moment....lol. I had $80k+ in my FX acct and that was fine. Then I moved funds around and left ~$12k in that FX acct with NT brokerage. Now the fills are real stinko. Accts >= $20k are consider Active Trader status and have a better spread.

Yeah I would not use vwap on FX instruments....won't mean much as I understand it. Levels and momentum, news, trading ranges....thing like this....all filtered though my intuition is how I trade it. But honestly not into it much currently for the reasons I mentioned.

Just right now added CBOE Futures data with IQFEED so I can trade and take a look at CBOE's Bitcoin futures XBT. Have been watching the CME's BTC and I don't really like it at $25/tick. To much risk on this volatile product/instrument. All it trades is 1 lots because of it. I profile volume. I need more/better volume to do my job. Just in the 2 sec I have had XBT up I can see better depth in the book already and the market is closed.

Ron

Thank you for the information on NT8, and your experience.Ive used vwap for a while, and i like it for context.Heck, my session templates are wrong, so the vwap is wrong as well, even if there was volume.Also, i cant even imagine trading bitcoin.I heard that Goldman was creating a trading desk focussed on the crypto currencies.

Last edited by bobarian; January 3rd, 2018 at 10:22 PM.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to bobarian for this post: