Steidlmayer Market Profile then who created Volume Profile? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Steidlmayer Market Profile then who created Volume Profile?

Chicago

TradeAction View Post
If Steidlmayer co created Market Profile then who created Volume Profile? I know to some this is a insignificant question but I like to do a bit of history on the tools that I use to better understand their origins and improvements over time.

Understanding who what and why helps me out. Knowing a bit of the inner mechanisms of a tool gives me a better grasp on what it is and how its to be used.

Thanks!

If you want to go deeper, read/listen to the information from the people mentioned in my latest threads.
There is value in trying to predict the day type (which I have not learned) but if you just want to see nitty gritty uses for the information, see my charts.
https://futures.io/beginners-introductions/43687-beginners-what-really-matters-volume-profile.html